Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Morphcored Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

We are Old School Death Metal band/project,started first as one man project (Me,Bojan, Guitar,Bass) than after,expanded first with Conny Pettersson on drums (as session drummer) and lastly with Ivan Kovacevic Kova on vocals.

2.You have an album coming out in March, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Well,as I said first,it is Old School Death Metal,so it have mainly all ingredients what we have learned from Old School, I would say the sound would be like Bolt Thrower mixed with Swedish Death Metal and also with stuff like Six Feet Under, maybe some old Carcass too.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Lyrics on this album are written first about Nephilim in todays world (all artistically expressed of course) also Illuminati, humans ignorance and how it's been manipulated with people and lastly how they are all unconsciously running into self destruction.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Morphcored'?

The name,to be honest,is just a name I came with long time ago,it popped out once and ever since then it was sitting at the back of my head, I tried many band names (I had some good ones ;) but this one kept coming back,so I decided to name it like that, however, I think it sounded good and it's just ultimate presentation of music that we play. (by that I mean it allow us to slow down of speed up the tempo and sound safely)

5.Originally the band was a solo project, what was the decision behind adding other members?

Generally, because I like to work with people and I think that Chemistry and Collaboration is very important when making record, that can be felt.
Being a Solo project I would say, was just a necessary evil.

6.Has the band done any live shows or has this been a studio project so far?

So far, unfortunately is just a studio project, never have done any live shows with this one, but I would really love to,and definitely will strive towards that.

7.The new album is coming out on 'CDN Records', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

So far, extremely happy, I can see they are really trying to promote us as much as possible, I would thank them for that and also Black Element who is also spreading the word. I know, now days, there is lots of new bands and names,combined with internet that gives you a hard time convincing people what's good and what better.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of thrash, death metal and grindcore?

Great so far,what so ever excellent, but I would like to see more and more people coming back to Old School Death Metal just because most energy and the original idea of Death Metal lie down there. As for Morphcored music I can say,it is sitting in between all those genres, so doesn't matter thrash,death,grindcore etc... they can all find something for them self there.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Well,musically, it stays, of course Old School Death Metal but I would say it will have also more faster pace, the ideas piles up, hard to say how would exactly sound, but lots of good stuff is coming on my mind. 

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

As a kid I grow up with bands like Carcass, Gorefest, Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, C. Corpse,etc... so I would say influences are very straight forward, and now days I listen to lots stuff and genres, anything that I find interesting, I would say lately bands like Svart Crown, Nasum, Wolfbrigade also Misery Index,etc...
and It could always range from Obituary to Cryptopsy :)

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Nothing too special, just hanging out with friends, going on concerts and spending time with family.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I would like to thank everybody who supports Morphcored and also you guys for inviting me for this interview, and to all fans and generally all Metalheads:
"Stay true to your Metal and keep fighting for it"  Horns Up \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment