Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pissed On Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

We're a grindcore band from Louisville, Kentucky. We started as a powerviolence band in 2015 and eventually grew our sound after bringing in more and more different influences like Swans, Carcass, and Darkthrone.

2.How would you describe your musical sound?

Fast. Nasty. Chaotic. Loud. You know, that good devil music.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Our original demo was a bunch of songs like "I hate you', and our split with Street Rat was a bunch of songs more like "I hate me". Our new record, The Hanged Man, is a lot more mature. This record follows a character completely enveloped in nihilism who has become too pained and angry with the world to continue living. This is his final manifesto.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Pissed On'?

Would you believe me if I said it's from an A$AP Ferg song?

5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band are you planning on expanding your line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?

From our insemination this band has been Tyler Byers, our primary songwriter and my bestfriend, and I. No matter what, that lineup is the core of Pissed On. We're trying out some people to fill other positions, so who knows.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has done so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

Off the top of my head some our most memorable shows would have to be when we played with GLOSS in our home town. They put on a killer show and are some of the nicest people we've met. Our third show ever as a band was opening the Knocked Loose/Damaged Goods split release show. I think that's when we realized this band could be something more than we ever envisioned. We also just played Snow and Flurry Fest in Fargo and the reaction there was pretty awesome. We're really loud and chaotic and we incorporate harsh noise so you never really know how people are going to react to that.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

We're booking a lot of tours in support of The Hanged Man. Basically, we're hitting everywhere.

8.The ep is coming out on 'Advocate Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

Advocate is a very young label run by some amazing people and good friends of ours. They're old fashioned in the sense that they really care about the music and keeping their artists happy. They know that as musicians, this is our art and they really do want to help us put it out to the world the way that we envisioned it. I don't think I could feel more comfortable with anyone else.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of grindcore?

It's been kind of crazy honestly. We've had people reach out from places like Germany, England, Canada, and South America. I never really expected our music to even leave our hometown.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your band and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Originally we were really influenced by some of the legendary powerviolence bands like Infest and Spazz, but also more modern bands like Ceremony and Trash Talk. Now we take in a lot of music to allow us to kind of build our own version of extreme metal. Personally, I've been listening to Chelsea Wolf, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, and Young Thug.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I really like art whether its just drawing or painting. My girlfriends actually an art student and has been trying to teach me. I'm also very into movies, horror specifically. I'd really like to write and direct my own horror short sometime.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Just want to say thanks for the interview and thanks to everyone who's supported us so far. I'm really excited to put out this record and see and people's reactions. Up until this point I feel as though we haven't shown what we're fully capable of and this record is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment